来源：二类行业 发布时间：2019-10-24 08:21:54 点击：
III. 1. rewarding 2. communicate 3. access 4. embarrassing 5. positive 6. commitment 7. virtual 8. benefits 9. minimum 10. opportunities
IV. 1. up 2. into 3. from 4. with 5. to 6. up 7. of 8. in 9. for
V. 1.G 2.B 3.E 4.I 5.H 6.K 7.M 8.O 9.F 10.C
1. Universities in the east are better equipped, while those in the west are relatively poor.
2. Allan Clark kept talking the price up, while Wilkinson kept knocking it down.
3. The husband spent all his money drinking, while his wife saved all hers for the family.
4. Some guests spoke pleasantly and behaved politely, while others wee insulting and impolite.
5. Outwardly Sara was friendly towards all those concerned, while inwardly she was angry.
1. Not only did Mr. Smith learn the Chinese language, but he also pidged the gap between his culture and ours.
2. Not only did we learn the technology through the online course, but we also learned to communicate with friends in English.
3. Not only did we lose all our money, but we also came close to losing our lives.
4. Not only do the workers want a pay increase, but they also want reduced working hours.
5. Not only is the house expensive, but it is also too far away from my company.
1. Not only can students choose when and where to learn for an online course, but they can also take time to think through answers before making a reply.
2. She is excited by the idea of online learning while be considers it meaningless and useless.
3. Communicating with native English speakers is a very rewarding experience from which we can learn a lot.
4. Today, more and more people have access to the Internet through which they look for the information they need.
5. He wants her to give up working and stay home to look after the children. She feels, however, that this is too much
6. Now that we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work.
1. 我永远都不会忘记那位老师，是他告诉我学外语是有趣的、有价值的。如果没有他，我的英语说得不会像现在这样好。 2 没有任何其他语言能像英语那样让你感受到多姿多彩的世界文化。有了过硬的英语知识，你就可以体验奇妙的文化之旅。
1. B 2.A 3.B 4.B 5.C 6,C 7.B 8.A 9.a 10.B 11.A 12.A 13.B
XII. I am proud to say that I succeeded in learning a foreign language. It was a real challenge and, needless to say, it
took a lot of practice. I carried a small dictionary with me
everywhere I went as well as a notebook in which I listed new words I came across. I also managed my time carefully so that I met the standards of the course and finished
assignments on time. After years of persistence, I reaped the benefits of all my hard work.
1. 1.C 2.B 3.D 4. A 5. B
Comprehension of the Text
1.C 2.A 3.B 4.C 5.D 6.B 7.C 8.D
1. community 2. effective 3. unique 4. committed 5. reinforce
6. perspective 7. explicit 8. challenge 9. hindered 10. arose IV.
1. for 2. with 3. on 4. on 5. on 6. of 7. in 8. up 9. of 10.In 新视野大学英语（第2版）第1册Unit 2答案
1. appeals 2. identity 3. concern 4. disgusting 5. upset 6. influence 7. offensive 8. burst 9. stuff 10. thorough
1. off/ down 2. off 3. as 4. on 5. for 6. on/upon 7. to 8. over
9. in 10.of
V. 1.H 2.F 3.D 4.K 5.B 6.C 7.L 8.I 9.O 10. N
1. Kate saw her pother Bill as she was getting off the school bus.
Or: As she was getting off the school bus, Kate saw her pother Bill.
2. As she was standing up from he seat, mother dropped the glass to the ground.
Or: Mother dropped the glass to the ground as she was standing up from her seat.
3. A policeman fired at a thief as the thief was bolting out of the house.
Or: As the thief was bolting out of the house, a policeman fired at him.
4. As she ran to catch the school bus, Sandy thought of her talk with her mother.
Or: Sandy thought of he talk with her mother as she ran to catch the school bus.
5. As the teacher entered the classroom, all the students
The plant does not grow well in soils other than the one in which it has been developed.
2. 研究结果表明，无论我们白天做了什么事情，晚上都会做大约两个小时的梦。 Research findings show that we spend about two hours dreaming every night, no matter what we may have done during the day.
Some people tend to justify their failure by blaming others for not trying their best.
We remain true to our commitment: Whatever we promised to do, we would do it.
Even Beethoven's father discounted the possibility that his son would one day become the greatest musician in the world. The same is true of Edison, who seemed to his teacher to be quite dull.
They were accused by the authorities of threatening the state security.
1. If you move into any place other than your own private home, make sure you know what the rules are about pets if you have one.
2. Some women could have made a good salary in job instead of staying at home, but they decided not to work for the sake of the family.
3. How can you justify such rudeness? You will pay heavily for that because they have sued you for damaging their good name.
4. Criticism can be of great use ; we may not like it at the time, but it can spur us on to greater things.
5. His uncompromising behavior, to which the public objected, left him bankrupt emotionally and financially.
6. Even if you fail, don’t let failure harm you, don’t let failure take over. Remember failure is a necessary in learning; it is not the end of your learning, but the beginning. 即使你失败了，也不要被失败伤害，更不要被失败左右。记住：失败是学习过程
If the characters in this comedy had been more humorous, it would have attracted a larger audience.
She has never lost faith in her own ability, so it is a possibility for her to become a successful actress.
I never had formal training, I just learned as I went along.
As their products find their way into the international market, their pand is gaining in popularity.
She could make up a story by saying she was knocked unconscious by thieves and that all her money was gone, but she doubted whether she could make it sound believable.
6. 谁都不清楚他是否故意推迟了这次访问，可是这引起了对他更多的批评。 No one was certain whether he postponed the visit on purpose, but this pought more criticism of him.
1. If there had been no Charlie Chaplin, the history of world cinema would have been different.
2. It was a relief that his hard work eventually gave his the result that he had long desired: He successfully discovered the cause of the disease.
3. Charlie Chaplin was one of the greatest and most widely loved movie stars. From The Tramp to Modern Times, he made many of the funniest and most popular films of his time. He was best known for his character, the youthful and lovable Little Tramp. 查理.卓别林是最伟大、最广受热爱的电影明星之一。从《流浪汉》到《摩登时代》，他拍
4. Chaplin was an immensely talented: Within only two years of his first appearance in motion pictures in 1914, he because one of the best-known personalities in the nation.
5. Chaplin had an impact on everyone’s life in the early 20th century. He made more people laugh than any other man who ever lived and changed the way people looked at the world.
6. On Christmas Day in 1977 Charlie Chaplin passed away. He left behind family and friends saddened by his death, and millions of fans worldwide.
Seven or eight officials are reported to have taken pibes and the mayor has decided to look into the affair in person.
These workers regret yielding to the management's advice and going back to work. Now they are again faced with the threat of losing their jobs.
You only need to fill out a form to get your membership, which entitles you to a discount on goods
4. 不知为什么他们的汽车在半路坏掉了，结果他们比原计划晚到了三个小时。 Their car poke down halfway for no reason. As a result they arrived three hours later than they had planned.
The official got involved in a scandal and was forced to resign weeks later.
6. 这个靠救济过日子的人开始慢慢地建立起自己的市场，生意日渐兴隆。 The man living on welfare began to build up his own market, one step at a time and his business is thriving.
1. The man is reported to have said in private that “we are being made fools of by many of our clients, so we are entitled to have them how to us as compensations.” 据报道这个男子曾在私下说：“许多救济对象在欺骗我们，因此，作为补偿，我们有权让他们对我们点头哈腰。
2. After considering your background and experience, we regret to inform you that we don’t have an appropriate job opportunity for at current stage.
3. I failed to take my cue from Oscar. Instead, I talked back to the woman, who turned out to be our new manager.
4. There needs to be someone who can act as a champion for the rights of the poor because the system so easily lends itself to abuse.
5. I called the police for help after my car poke down on the freeway. Twenty minutes later, they came to my rescue.
6. He was passionate for art , but he went through tremendous pain-pain of poverty and misunderstanding.
Rather than invest in my education, my parents spent their money on a new house.
Today, people are spending twice as much on entertainment and relaxation as they did in the past.
In order to be successful, a business must keep pace with developments in the marketplace.
Her fluency in English gave her an advantage over other girls for the job.
For students, nowhere is better than the lipary, where all the books are at their disposal.
6. 我们要充分利用好这个平台，加强交流，拓展合作领域，共谋发展大计。 We should make full use of the platform to strengthen communication, expand cooperation in more areas and seek further development through joint efforts.英译汉
1. The developing countries see information technologies as a means to accelerate their economy, but some lack experience in weighing costs and choosing between technologies.
2. The world is said to have about 3000 times as much groundwater as water it has in rivers and lakes, and groundwater is far cleaner.
3. Anyone can take good photos- it’s just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
4. By installing computers in their schools and liparies, the community leaders
demonstrated that they were determined not to lag behind in technology.
5. When he started the company, he thought he’d be able to cruise alongside the top businesses in the market, but he is disappointed because he hasn’t yet succeeded. 当他开始创办这家公司时，他想他将能在市场上与那些顶级公司并驾齐驱，可是他现在失望
6. A Florida couple is building what say will be the home of the future, one strong enough to withstand hurricanes, yet gentle enough to blend in with the environment. 佛罗里达的一对夫妇在建造一座他们称之为未来之家的房子，它既能抵御咫风，又与周围环
This little man is not so innocent as he appears.
There's nothing I can do about the problem, so you might as well turn to Professor Wang for help.
3. 双方高度评价了在不同领域合作取得的成果，并希望合作进一步加深。 Both sides speak highly of the fruits in their cooperation in different areas, and hope that the cooperation can be furthered.
On the one hand, an image of being close to the people can get a new policy more easily accepted. On the other hand, it will "encourage people to speak their minds and come up with constructive suggestions".
5. 他孤独的感觉时起时落，他有时会对自己、对宠物、对电视机唠叨不休。 His sense of loneliness rose and fell and he sometimes would talk at length to himself and his pets and the television.
The richest people are not necessarily the happiest.
1. The new mechanism is not so effective as they had expected, for months passed and there has been no big improvement in management efficiency.
2. I don’t want to scare you unnecessarily, but you might as well face facts and look at a few numbers.
3. Loneliness is marked by a sense of isolation. Solitude, on the other hand, is a state of being alone without being lonely and can lead to self-awareness.
5 关于正确使用英语能力下降的问题，有许多不同的故事。学生的确本应该能够区分诸如their / there / they’re 之间的不同，或区别complimentary 跟complementary之间显而易见的差异。由于这些知识缺陷，他们承受着大部分不该承受的批评和指责，因为舆论认为他们 应该学得更好。
6 学生并不笨，他们只是被周围所看到和听到的语言误导了。举例来说，杂货店的指示牌会把他们引向stationary（静止处），虽然便笺本、相册、和笔记本等真正的stationery (文具用品) 并没有被钉在那儿。朋友和亲人常宣称 They’ve just ate。实际上，他们应该说 They’ve just eaten。因此，批评学生不合乎情理。
7 对这种缺乏语言功底而引起的负面指责应归咎于我们的学校。学校应对英语熟练程度制定出更高的标准。可相反，学校只教零星的语法，高级词汇更是少之又少。还有就是，学校的年轻教师显然缺乏这些重要的语言结构方面的知识，因为他们过去也没接触过。学校有责任教会年轻人进行有效的语言沟通，可他们并没把语言的基本框架——准确的语法和恰当的词 汇——充分地传授给学生。
8 因为语法对大多数年轻学生而言枯燥且乏味，所以我觉得讲授语法得一步一步、注重技巧地进行。有一天机会来了。我跟儿子开车外出。我们出发时，他看到一只小鸟飞得很不稳，就说：“它飞的不稳。”（It’s flying so unsteady.） 我 小 心 翼 翼 地 问：“ 儿 子， 鸟怎么飞?”“有问题吗？我说得不对吗？（Did I say anything incorrectly?）”他一头雾水。“太好了， 你说的是incorrectly 而不是incorrect。我们用副词来描述动词。 所以， 要用unsteadily来描述鸟飞 ，而不是unsteady。”
14 就在今天早上，我跟儿子吃早饭时，我想把牛奶加入我的茶里。“爸爸，” 他说，“如果我是你的话，我不会这样做。牛奶会变酸。（If I were you, I wouldn’t do
that. It’s sour.）”
15 “哦，上帝！”我满怀着无比的骄傲说道，“这是一句语法完全正确的句子。你用了were 而不是was。”
2 马尔科姆·艾克斯因当时犯有诸如偷窃等罪而入狱。他在监狱里得知了“伊斯兰民族”组织。由于没有受过良好的教育，他在向别人传授他的新信仰时感到力不从心。作为一名年轻人，他可以用草根语言来概述自己的想法，语言简单、粗浅、语法差劲，且词汇贫乏。可作为一名成年人，当他在大型公众集会上向人们阐述他的新信仰时，他发觉自己缺少了所需 的语言交流技能。用他自己的话说，他“甚至没有这个功能”。
3 为了增长知识，提高沟通技能，深陷绝望的马尔科姆·艾克斯为自己制定了一个计划。他决定求助于书籍，相信书会使他受益匪浅。可是当他试图阅读一些严肃的书本时，他不禁倍感苦恼，因为大部分的词他都不认识。他写道：“这些书还不如是用中文写的。” 他跳过了所有不认识的词，可是最终他全然不知这本书里写了什么。马尔科姆·艾克斯在他的 自传里谈到他贫乏的语言技能时是这样写的：“我变得沮丧起来。”
5 头两天，马尔科姆·艾克斯只是很快地浏览了一下词典，试图在这不熟悉的格式里寻找出他自己的应付方法。他告诉我们，他对这些单词之间的密切关系感到诧异。moist怎么会是moisture的词根；advisable跟advisory 竟是同根词！“我都不知道哪些单词我需要学，”他说，“最后，为了有所行动，我开始抄写词典。” 马尔科姆·艾克斯用他缓慢、仔细、蹩脚的书 写，把词典的第一页全都抄写在一个笔记本上，他甚至把引号也抄了。这花了他整整一天的时间。在此之后，他高声朗读所有抄写下来的东西。“我一遍又一遍地给自己大声朗读自己抄写的东西。”马尔科姆回忆道。他还把每天发生的重要事情记录下来。重复朗读帮助他从一个仅有一些基础文化知识的人变成真正精通语言的人。
9 “就是在监狱里我意识到阅读永远地改变了我的人生轨迹，” 马尔科姆·艾克斯写道。他描述了有一天一位作家从伦敦打电话来采访他。那位作家问马尔科姆·艾克斯，他文笔那么流畅，是从什么大学毕业的。马尔科姆告诉那位英国人他的大学是“书本”。
1 Michal started learning English by listening to the Beatles.
2 Michal feels delighted and proud when he listens to the Beatles because he can understand a lot better.
3 Besides listening to English songs, Michal also reads science fiction books in English.
4 Michal made a great peakthrough in learning the English language after successfully finishing reading the first English book.
5 According to Michal, English learning pings him satisfaction and pleasure.
1 ? Yes, because the way to learn English is more interesting and enjoyable.
? Yes, because learners become more motivated when learning something they like.? No, because it’s like a street learning without formal instruction.
? No, because learners may often make grammatical mistakes when talking or speaking. 2 ? Yes, I could speak and write more fluently with good grammar and vocabulary.
? Yes, I could better understand English native speakers after watching English movies and talk shows.
? Yes, as a result of surfing online in English, I’m able to read more quickly than before.
3 ? Read English novels and magazines.
? Listen to radios and watch TV programs.
? Talk to English speakers whenever possible.
? Write every day such as emails and journals.
Understanding the text
1 Because he is tired of listening to his father and he is not interested in grammar rules.
2 The civilization of Greece and the glory of Roman architecture are so marvelous and remarkable that they should be described at least in a pief account; however, what the student could do was only one single utterance: “whoa!” without any specific comment.
3 Because the schools fail to set high standards of language proficiency. They only teach a little grammar and less advanced vocabulary. And the younger teachers themselves have little knowledge of the vital structures of language.
4 Because teaching grammar is not an easy job and most of the students will easily get bored if it’s not properly dealt with.
5 He familiarized his son with different parts of speech in a sentence and discussed their specific grammatical functions including how to use adverbs to describe verbs.
6 Because the son had never heard about the various names and functions of words in an English sentence before.
7 The author uses “road map” and “car” to describe grammar and vocabulary. Here, “road map” is considered as grammar and “car” as vocabulary.
8 Since the subjunctive mood his son used is a fairly advanced grammar structure, the interjection “whoa!” reflects the tremendous pride the father had toward his son; it also reflects the author’s humor in using the word because it was once used by his student, though in two different situations and with two different feelings.
1 ? Motivation.
? Family support.
? Peer pressure.
? Financial status.
? Future career goals.
2 English grammar helps a lot in the following:
? Order sentences correctly.
? Use words properly.
? Talk with other English speakers confidently. English grammar is of little help: ? Only gives rules that are hard to remember.
? Is not helpful in a real-life setting due to the limited time to think and recall the rules. ? Not always applicable to the real language, especially idioms.
3 ? Use more communicative ways.
? Encourage a lot of interactions.
? Put sentences in meaningful contexts.
4 ? Read more English from online sources.
? Watch English TV / listen to English radio / watch English online videos.
? Talk often with English speakers.
? Listen carefully and extensively.
? Use dictionaries to look up unfamiliar words.
? Use new words as often as possible.
5 ? Read English newspapers, magazines, and books.
? Write English as often as possible.
? Write emails in English.
Words in use
1 condense 2 exceed3 deficit4 exposure 5 asset
6 adequate 7 competent 8 adjusting9 precisely 10 beneficial
Words learned New words formed
-al / -ial